• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Adaptogens

FriendlyToker

Greenlighter
Hello!
I am planning to make a course with many adaptogens. I'm going to get and use extracts in capsules. I'll be using these:

Product 1:
- Bacopa monnieri (Brahmi) - 310mg
- Centella asiatica (Gotu Kola) - 155mg

per capsule. Instructions say one capsule twice a day. I'm going to do two capsules twice a day - in the morning and in the afternoon.

Product 2:
- Rhodiola Rosea (Golden Root, Roseroot) extract, standarized to 4% rosavine - 100mg
- Astragalus Membranaceus (aka Astralagus Propinquus) extract, standarized to 20% polisaccharides - 100mg
- Withania Somnifera (Ashwagandha) extract, standarized to 1.5% withanolides - 66,6mg
- Eleutherococcus senticosus (Siberian Ginseng) extract, standarized to 0.8% eleutherosides - 33,3mg
- Lepidium Meyenii (Maca) 4:1 extract, 33,3mg
- L-Theanine 33,3mg
- Magnesium 100mg
- Pantothenic acid 30mg
- B6 16,6mg

Now here's the catch - I want to take three capsules, three times a day. Instructions say two per day. I amped it up that high because of the Ashwagandha that's inside and to maximize the effects of all the adaptogens (because the dosage of pure herb is high, so I want to have an equivalent or more than too little).

Any tips on this? What should I expect, after how much time? And, first things first, how much time should I take them? A month? Two? More?

I'm also interested in the cumulative effects and immediate effects of various types of ginseng (panax, siberian, korean, etc..).

Dude, follow the instructions for herbal medicines. Even though they are likely to be relatively safe, there are still pretty powerful things in there that can throw you off. It can make you lightheaded, a little anxious, put too much heat in your digestion, etc. Better to take the recommended dose for a longer period of time than to bombard yourself for a short period, unless under the supervision of your doctor.

Adaptogens are always good to have in your daily regimen, but I do suggest that you try to incorporate them into your diet instead. i.e. get some holy basil (tulsi) as seasoning in your food, etc. This will help to distribute the concentrations and incorporate some holism in your consumption of the plant.